Build Blog (Wonko)

Home Forums Plan B Build Blog (Wonko)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    wonko
    Participant

So far, I ordered and received most of my parts. A special delivery today was the laser-cut set of aluminum pieces. Yay!

Aluminum parts

dragonator
    Keymaster

Now that, is just gorgeous. All shiny and bright. Plan B is officially multiplying.

wonko
    Participant

Aaaah. All the nuts and bolts and threads and bearings arrived today. The belts should be delivered soon. Assembly will then hopefully start next week.

Bolts

wonko
    Participant

Starting to print the parts on my XYZPrinter. The red filament roll was the fullest, so here we go.

QuickView

wonko
    Participant

Allright. The printer is printing away. It’s slow and I need many parts ;-). Also, I received my delivery from RepRap World. I am nearing completion on the parts side. I will probably still need the motors though.

parts

wonko
    Participant

OK, I managed to print all the stl files. I hope there is some time on the weekend to start some assembly 😉

wonko
    Participant

<p>Phew. Seeing all the 3D printed ABS parts, it’s quite a bunch ;-)</p>

<p>enter image description here</p>

dragonator
    Keymaster

Those parts are incredibly smooth. Where they printed on your own printer or did you have someone else do it. I am almost jealous. I like the red color.

wonko
    Participant

<p>Yes, I printed them myself. This is basically an unmodified XYZPrinting machine with good quality filament and second to best printing setting. I am very happy with the machine. The results are better than this of my old BFB Touch that cost 8 times as much and isn’t serviced at all anymore (less than two years after I bought it – a total loss in every respect. I would never buy anything from 3D Systems again).</p>

<p>I do have a little tool that fixes some imprecissions of the machine (all models come out 0.1mm to thick), but other than that, this is straight out of the machine.</p>

ezrec
    Participant

<p>i’ve been thinking about picking up a XYZPrinting Duo 1.0 after the new year – especially once i found out how to get GCode files to it!</p>

<p>HackaDay – Using Non-Crappy Software with the DaVinci Printer</p>

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.