c6602 rare carriage

Home Forums Plan B c6602 rare carriage

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    amir.daaee
    Participant

hi every body
    i started to build plan b printer but i found that c6602 cartridge and its carriage is too rare in the markets
    i thought that we can build new carriage with 3d printers or …
    have you any idea?

dragonator
    Keymaster

Hello And welcome,

The C6602A cartridges are actually plentiful on ebay and also fairly common in cartridge suppliers. The Q2299A (the carriage) is indeed a challenge to obtain. I still have a stock of them for sale, and there are some other suppliers throughout the world (except for ebay) that sell them. Depending on where you live, I might be able to help you find a supplier.

Making one yourself might be a bigger challenge than it is worth. Mechanically it is no problem, it is fairly straight forward to make. The problem is making electrical contact with the 13 contacts. The C6602 has the contacts on the bottom, You will need to create a system that reliably creates contact with all 13 contacts, all the time. This needs to be flat, otherwise the distance between the print object and the cartridge will be too big. It is not impossible, but not worth hacking yourself when the alternative costs €10.

fabbers
    Participant

Amir, I have to agree my search for the carriage did turn up quite a few, but I ran across this if you are interested.

fabbers
    Participant
    Alexander
    Participant

Hello, how to connect contacts directly if there is no carrier for C6602.
    I connect the 13th contact (GND) with contact of COM ULN2003, and out 1-12 co by all others.
    But occurs nothing.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Alexander.
    dragonator
    Keymaster

Take a look here: http://nicholasclewis.com/projects/inkshield/theory/

Your problem is probably that you wired them the wrong way around. The big contact (com1 and com2) is the source, the 20V, not the ground. All other contacts are sinking. ULN2803A com should also be connected to the 20V, and the GND to ground. ULN2803A’s are sinking transistor arrays, not sourcing. Then wire all remaining contacts to the outputs of the ULN2803A’s and your signal wires to the Inputs of the ULN’s.

This should fix it.

Alexander
    Participant

Dragonator, you have a photo of contacts Q2347A HP Carrier. Why loop 16 contacts? Where are the other three?

dragonator
    Keymaster

The Q2347A has indeed 16 contacts, but 2 are not connected and 2 are for power supply. That leaves 12 pins, one for each nozzle. If you are referring to the electronics. The 4067 has 16 outputs, but only 12 are used. BTW, I refer to the Q2347A as the Q2299A. It is the same component, but it might cause some confusion.

Was the thing about the photo a conclusion or a question. If it was a question I will add a picture to this thread.

Alexander
    Participant

I do not have Q2347A and I want to understand how connected 14 contacts the loop with contacts С6602. Where to connect the 2 power pins? I’m curious to see the photo.
    I can use the shift register 74HC595, at the same time giving a signal to all the contacts?

wonko
    Participant

I do not have Q2347A and I want to understand how connected 14 contacts

I can not recommend that at all. The carrier costs less than 10$US and is easily available. The contacts on the ink cartridge are on a glass substrate. They are impossible to solder and very difficult to make contact with. Please by all means, do yourself a favor and buy a holder for 8 bucks!

Oh, one more thing: these cartridges don;t last very long. So even if you fiddle contacts on them somehow, you will need to exchange the cartridge pretty soon, and refiddle everything again.

I can give you the pinout in a week when I am back in the shop,, but you have to promise that you will send photos on how you attached the wires 😉

dragonator
    Keymaster

I actually soldered to the C6602 once, but I really can’t recommend it. It is nearly undoable. You will need a level shifter for your 595, the C6602 printhead takes 20V at high currents. the ULN2803A is what is used most. You can not trigger all nozzles at once. Not only will the cartridge itself not like it (it is designed for a cascading trigger), your voltage circuit will also not like it. Don’t underestimate just how much power inkjet uses, some printheads have recorded currents of 300mA per nozzle.

The C6602’s are quite fragile, but I have one that I have been using on and off for half a year now. But just in case, for the coming makerfaire this Sunday, I did prepare 2 more.

As for the picture:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.