AER9 Laser Rifle

Show off your cool build in the "I made a:" section
ajvinke

Re: AER9 Laser Rifle

Post by ajvinke »

dragonator wrote:This was my biggest print to date. Luckily it is just a lot of parts. None of the parts are incredibly complicated. I wish you good luck printing.

Will you be printing one with or without the mechanism.
I want to print one with the reloading mechanism, i am also thinking about modifying the energy cell to let it hold the batteries.
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

Adventurous, I like the idea of making the energy cell hold a battery. It should be doable. If you need help with some things, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
tom90deg

Post by tom90deg »

Ok, Odd question, where did people find the proper bolts and screws for putting this together? Sadly, the hardware stores around here barely carry ANY metric stuff.
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

Most of the stuff can be bought in ordinary hardware stores here in the Netherlands. The grub screw were bought at a bit more specialized suppliers, since most hardware stores don't bother with them. I cannot speak for the USA, I do not live there. I think that this would be a good thing to source online.
tom90deg

Post by tom90deg »

Mmm, I checked around online, sadly, it's all "minimum order of 200" or something like that. I'll keep looking around for a metric store. Worst case scenario, I'm only a hour away from Canada.
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

If your worst case option is an hours drive to Canada, I might have a better option. I still have a small stock and am capable of getting more. Shipping in an envelope is always less than €10. If it is necessary, I could ship the required parts to you. PM me if you have reached this point.
tom90deg

Post by tom90deg »

Oh no no, My GF and I wanted to go up to Canada anywho, this'll just give us another reason.
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

Don't let me stop you from paying a surprise visit to you northerly neighbor. I hope they have the stuff you are looking for. The offer will remain though.
tom90deg

Post by tom90deg »

After AGES, I finaly managed to force myself to work on my AER, and it's done! Sadly, I couldn't make it a reloading one, so I had to tweak things a bit, used some plumbers putty, painted silver to hold the necessary bits in place. I think it turned out very well though! Currently printing another Pipboy for my girlfriend, then we'll need to make her a Fat Man, as she's going as a Boomer.

dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

That looks absolutely amazing. Sorry to hear about the reload mechanism, but it still is amazing. Good luck with the Pip-Boy and the Fat Man.