Hacking the HP45

Powder and inkjet printing
dragonator
Site Admin

Re: Hacking the HP45

Post by dragonator »

I am entered in a contest right now, so I am careful what help to accept to prevent complicated situations. Once that passes, I can accept more help.

I do not know what exactly is added. Black ink should work, but I do not know any colorless liquids that do absorb IR.

The term you are looking for is HSS (High speed sintering) If I am not too mistaken.
mawildoer

Post by mawildoer »

Hi Dragonator,

Awesome work! I came to this while looking into building a JetFusion style printer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-TR8wnyit8)
We have one at Uni which I use very regularly to make properly functional parts and I'd love to have the same capabilities at home.
When researching inexpensive ink jet solutions I came across your hackaday competition post.

I'd love to buy a PCB off you so I can start experimenting with these print heads as well without having to replicate all your hard work from scratch!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon
MAsic12345

Post by MAsic12345 »

dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

Hello Mawildoer,

Unpopulated PCB's and connectors I have in stock. I can ship these worldwide. For PCB's I ask $5 each (there is 2 per driver), connectors are $20 each. PM me or go through the contact form on the main site if you want to initiate that.

I do however not yet sell assembled controllers, and I will not for a while. I am currently moving the inkjet code from the main loop to DMA. Because I do not know if this will break everything yet, I cannot sell any part. Any future firmware update might break everything with the old hardware.
jnesselr

Post by jnesselr »

evomotors wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:54 am @dragonator -I found refillable HP45 with continues ink system http://wanniansheng.en.made-in-china.co ... 5-15-.html. This would be perfect solution for any application as it does not need to be cleaned from black ink.
Did anyone ever order these? I was considering doing it but couldn't figure out how to buy it. Seems you have to send in an inquiry?
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

I have not yet, though I am strongly considering it. I am now at a point where I can benefit from CISS. I do think you need to get a quote first, but I can do that fairly easily.
jnesselr

Post by jnesselr »

dragonator wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:50 am I have not yet, though I am strongly considering it. I am now at a point where I can benefit from CISS. I do think you need to get a quote first, but I can do that fairly easily.
I went ahead and submitted a quote, but have not heard back yet.
MAsic12345

Post by MAsic12345 »

hello dragonator

Because of problems with HP 84 I want to try to make a printer with HP 45

1- Can hp 45 print in another color? or print with water to bind gypsum?
2- Is it possible to make a continuous ink supply system for hp 45
3- What is the print speed hp 45?
4- Is it possible to create electronics so that 5 heads of xp 45 work synchronously?
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

Hello Masic

1- The HP45 can be refilled with some effort. I have before. The blue ink in Oasis started out clear. I simply added blue to it.
2- They should exist already, though I do not have them myself. It should not be impossible to modify one to CISS.
3- I currently print 50mm/s. I am currently working on optimizations. I hope to get to 200mm/s.
4- It is possible and even planned, but not for the short term. Also, if you want CMYK, there is a full color HP45 compatible printhead with 3x 100 nozzles in C, M and Y. It is not yet hacked, but should be fairly simple (famous last words) to do so.

Do note that I do not have a universal inkjet controller right now. I only have the controller that is in Oasis, and it can only really print in Oasis and any system exactly like it. While more is know about HP45, and I can help you better, I cannot provide a drop in solution to you.
jnesselr

Post by jnesselr »

dragonator wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:42 am Hello Masic

1- The HP45 can be refilled with some effort. I have before. The blue ink in Oasis started out clear. I simply added blue to it.
2- They should exist already, though I do not have them myself. It should not be impossible to modify one to CISS.
3- I currently print 50mm/s. I am currently working on optimizations. I hope to get to 200mm/s.
4- It is possible and even planned, but not for the short term. Also, if you want CMYK, there is a full color HP45 compatible printhead with 3x 100 nozzles in C, M and Y. It is not yet hacked, but should be fairly simple (famous last words) to do so.

Do note that I do not have a universal inkjet controller right now. I only have the controller that is in Oasis, and it can only really print in Oasis and any system exactly like it. While more is know about HP45, and I can help you better, I cannot provide a drop in solution to you.
Btw, I still haven't received a quote on that CISS that was linked to earlier. Have you?