Hacking the HP45

Powder and inkjet printing
dragonator
Site Admin

Re: Hacking the HP45

Post by dragonator »

Just a short update to let people know that I am not dead and still working on the HP45.

I got a package last Friday, containing a new batch of HP45 connectors. This bumps down the price for them from €45 per unit excluding shipping to 20-25'ish. Why is a bit complicated, but I am now committed to making a functional controller and selling it.
HP45 connector Batch 20171218.jpg
HP45 connector Batch 20171218.jpg (367.39 KiB) Viewed 19507 times
On the HP45 V2.01 controller: I have the encoder in the system working. There is a functional buffer. The link between the buffer, motion and inkjet is almost set, but still needs finishing. I am currently working on something that is causing the nozzles to be out of order. I have not found the exact cause, but I have a good indication.

Progress will still be slow for the coming few weeks. I have other projects that I want to finish first, but I am working on making the HP45 controller work on the background.
david

Post by david »

Hi, dragonator, if you need that connector. I can probably help. for 20ish EURO, I can get you the whole set, including the mounting kit, not just the contacts.
NealXu

Post by NealXu »

Hi...I will keep the 12V on the address line. I still have some trouble with the legal English and what the 10x does exactly. The 10x is used to determine the resistance of the pad, which in turn is used to determine the resistance of the printhead?

turnkey pcb
Last edited by NealXu on Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

The 10x is also a bit unclear to me, but it seems that the printheads might not all have the same resistances due to the manufacturing. The 10x might be a way to mitigate this. I also use it to determine the temperature, because from what I have measured so far, the 10x and temperature sensing resistor have the same offset.
xzyang

Post by xzyang »

Can you make an HP C8855 datasheet for reference?
ST1825-0057 chip periphery is simple, do not know how to connect its MCU interface MCU
NecDET

Post by NecDET »

hello,

I would like to share a ready pcb board for HP45 (52pin printer cartridge connector)
http://www.cfconn.com/product-show_14712/
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

They only sell the connector, not the PCB. The PCB is nothing more than a show piece in that picture. I know this because that is where I buy the HP45 connector. I currently have around 100 of them at home (They only sell in bulk).
NecDET

Post by NecDET »

dragonator wrote:They only sell the connector, not the PCB. The PCB is nothing more than a show piece in that picture. I know this because that is where I buy the HP45 connector. I currently have around 100 of them at home (They only sell in bulk).

Thanks for information,

I am stil looking for electronic control system for HP45 print head ?

Do you have possibility to send some information

Thank you
math

Post by math »

I would like to share this document from HP that specifies cartridges that has and cartridges that don't have active electronics embedded.
http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocumen ... rica&lc=en
Sean

Post by Sean »

dragonator wrote:Just a short update to let people know that I am not dead and still working on the HP45.

I got a package last Friday, containing a new batch of HP45 connectors. This bumps down the price for them from €45 per unit excluding shipping to 20-25'ish. Why is a bit complicated, but I am now committed to making a functional controller and selling it.

HP45 connector Batch 20171218.jpg

On the HP45 V2.01 controller: I have the encoder in the system working. There is a functional buffer. The link between the buffer, motion and inkjet is almost set, but still needs finishing. I am currently working on something that is causing the nozzles to be out of order. I have not found the exact cause, but I have a good indication.

Progress will still be slow for the coming few weeks. I have other projects that I want to finish first, but I am working on making the HP45 controller work on the background.
it's too complicated, I have bought like this, it's much easier than your supplier, and it's much cheaper, I can help you to purchase these if you want.
Attachments
holder_for_hp45.jpg
holder_for_hp45.jpg (96.75 KiB) Viewed 19077 times