Hacking the HP45

Powder and inkjet printing
rofl

Re: Hacking the HP45

Post by rofl »

Well, I just did some measurements and I am not really sure that all is OK here.... so your help would be OK. I executed ARS and then after each ANX I measured all pins and looked the one with 12V. I did not go through all this time, but if the order is all right, I will finish that...

The sequence is as follows:

AS15 - 13, AS13 - 7, AS20 - 30, AS22 - 26, AS11 - 6, AS16 - 38, AS18 - 36, AS19 - 22, AS10 - 45, AS8 - 39, AS17 - 16, AS21 - 24, AS12 - 47, AS6 - 37...

Does it look good? Since you said that it should provide very next one, I have some doubts...

It was quite tricky to think "mirrorly", but.. I hope I did not make any mistakes...
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (309.51 KiB) Viewed 15237 times
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

I had to get the schematic out because I forgot that the address order is not actually 1-22 but is optimized for routing the PCB. If each of these was the only pin to be 12V, this is good. The order you described is the order of the addresses. All addresses you measured seem to be working, which makes it a reasonable assumption that all addresses work.

This is both good news for you controller, since your address circuitry seems OK, and bad, because you do not have a working controller and something is causing that.

The basic list of things that need to function are:
  • All pads of the head need to make proper contact.
  • Both Vhead and 12V need proper 12V power, with at least 1-2A.
  • Head enable nozzle needs to open properly (temperature does not measure without it)
  • Address needs to power 1 address at a time, and all 22 need to be operational
  • All primitives need to be functional.
This is sadly a generic list, but given what I know from here, I have no further details.
myying

Post by myying »

Hi
The attached picture is took from HP DJ9xx printer, which there are functions for components.

DIY users might find print-heads would be easily broken.

HP would turn print-head module power supply off as non-printing, it's not always turn-on.
Used, HP would check printhead connecting by current sensing, this needs hardware support this, rightnow HP checks ink drops by another module.

Aslo, there are stronger touch-force connectors(POGO) to print-heads, it is useful print-heads health.
Attachments
圖片1.jpg
圖片1.jpg (86.32 KiB) Viewed 15220 times
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

Hi Friends.
Something new is going on...
by-MahdiSohrabi_1.gif
by-MahdiSohrabi_1.gif (472.25 KiB) Viewed 15213 times
rofl

Post by rofl »

dragonator wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:31 pm I had to get the schematic out because I forgot that the address order is not actually 1-22 but is optimized for routing the PCB. If each of these was the only pin to be 12V, this is good. The order you described is the order of the addresses. All addresses you measured seem to be working, which makes it a reasonable assumption that all addresses work.

This is both good news for you controller, since your address circuitry seems OK, and bad, because you do not have a working controller and something is causing that.

The basic list of things that need to function are:
  • All pads of the head need to make proper contact.
  • Both Vhead and 12V need proper 12V power, with at least 1-2A.
  • Head enable nozzle needs to open properly (temperature does not measure without it)
  • Address needs to power 1 address at a time, and all 22 need to be operational
  • All primitives need to be functional.
This is sadly a generic list, but given what I know from here, I have no further details.

Well, my friend, it might sound generic, but when I reviewed them... I had like eureka moment... I always thought that VHEAD 12V was like shared between regular 12V when I started to read about HP45 and your controller. When I saw your comments, I reviewed your schematics once more and guess what... I just missed that jumper and it was not soldered. I soldered it, and all works just fine. So far, head tests itself and it spits some ink during testing. That is a good start to be honest. I just do not know, how and why I missed that jumper...

All in all, work can continue and it looks good :) Thanks a lot.
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

bigbomber wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:41 pm Hi Friends.
by-MahdiSohrabi_1.gif
You printed that? It looks incredibly detailed.
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

dragonator wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:03 am
by-MahdiSohrabi_1.gif
Hi. Yes I've printed it using HP45 by my DIY Printer. I will upload more new posts
visitsajjad

Post by visitsajjad »

Hello dragonator and every one here,
Breaking long silence I have read full thread from page 1 to 60. Its very informative for me new in hacking ideas.
I have more than 15 years experience in firmware.
I want to start with C8855M HP PEN if yo can share datasheet with me.
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

Hello

It has been a bit silent indeed. I myself have been rather busy the last months, and haven't gotten around posting as much as I wanted.

Reading all of it must have been quite a read. The HP45 page has grown quite a bit over time.

I have sent the datasheet by mail. I myself still haven't had much time to work with the C8855M controller, but the datasheet is fairly complete.

Yvo
nicolasgr

Post by nicolasgr »

bigbomber wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:03 pm
dragonator wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:03 am
by-MahdiSohrabi_1.gif
Hi. Yes I've printed it using HP45 by my DIY Printer. I will upload more new posts
This is my first post, so hello to everybody!

Hi @bigbomber, how are you doing with this? I'm also interested in develop some solution to produce fast sand casting molds and cores, so I'm looking into this option or maybe a co2 laser scanner. Are you also working on this to produce sand casting molds and cores?