Hacking the Xaar 128 printhead

Powder and inkjet printing
BlueTurtle

Re: Hacking the Xaar 128 printhead

Post by BlueTurtle »

mrino wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:45 pm Hi all,

I have been trying to print using the XAAR 128 for some time now, but I can't get all the nozzles to print. The data is being sent correctly and electrically everything seems fine. I have flushed the print head several times and the problem persists. I have attached pictures of the setup and the resulting print when all nozzles are activated. I have tried adjusting the ink level relative to the printhead, but there is not much difference regardless of the level. Do you think this is a pressure problem or something else ink related or are some of my nozzles just broken?

Note: The prints are wavy because I'm moving the substrate with my hand.

I would appreciate your help.
Thats ink pressure problem not electrical :)
aengel

Post by aengel »

head
head
head.jpg (310.17 KiB) Viewed 1838 times
aengel

Post by aengel »

I am interested in paying you to optimize the code and the hardware to increase the speed of the system.

Typically roll to roll printers want to print at 40 meters per minute, while some machines print at 250 meters per minute. Payment for your engineering services by Payoneer, Dwolla, Skrill, Venmo, WU etc. are all available.

Besides code and hardware, would anyone want to write an article describing the system, an article to be submitted to the scientific journals for possible publication? This would be a paid gig likely through Upwork or Kolabtree.

I am very impressed by this forum, and am especially grateful to M. and K. for their great contributions to the project.

This project provides scientists and technicians an entry level cost deposition device for proof of concept projects.

Thank you for reading this posting and enabling innovation. A.Engel. Kansas City Missouri USA
BlueTurtle

Post by BlueTurtle »

Hey everyone,
I have Non-Wetting 40 pL version of the printhead, never used for sale. Can ship anywhere after payment. Inbox me for more information. Thank you.