Hacking the Xaar 128 printhead

Powder and inkjet printing
davidk

Re: Hacking the Xaar 128 printhead

Post by davidk »

Has anyone tried UV ink? I see that board has UV Leds but I never found a UV ink suitable for Xaar128.
BlueTurtle

Post by BlueTurtle »

I found UV Ink from Kao Collins. I'm in USA though. I don't know how you can find it if you are not in US.
BlueTurtle

Post by BlueTurtle »

evomotors wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:05 am What is new in this board that haven’t been discussed before in this forum? How would one use this board?
I don't know if there is anything new in the board per se. It's an overall control board that has everything I needed to make a printer and hopefully it have what other people need too. Using this board is pretty much exactly same as using an Arduino to control the Xaar printhead. The only difference is the pins are pre-defined. It is up to you to integrate everything in the software. I can provide you with a working example sketch as a starting point if you are interested.
ganter

Post by ganter »

I am interested in your board. Do you have any of them left? What would shipping cost to USA?
evomotors

Post by evomotors »

BlueTurtle wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:35 pm Hello Everyone,
I've made a board with LED driver, 3 stepper Drivers (TMC2130), on board voltage regulator 28-36V for the Xaar as well as other drive circuitry required for the Xaar Printhead that uses Teensy 4.0 as the brains. There are SPI lines broken out for for further expansion as well as 4 digital outputs and 1 digital inputs (5V tolerant). The printer also has 5V USB output to power a RPi. The board has 2 blade fuses that can be changed with what ever you are comfortable with. Currently they are 10A for overall 24V in input and 3A for 5V RPi output. If you are interested in purchasing one lmk. The price is 500$ shipped.

Specs: 24V IN (At least 7A) (Reverse power protection)
Teensy 4.0 Controller
Interchangable AutoBlade fuse for 24V IN and 5V MicroUSB Out (Max 5A Recommended)
On Board Step-Up 24V to 28-36V adjustable with software (DigiPot)
Up to 10V - (700ma currently, up to 2A (adjustable with resistor)) LED driver for UV Ink projects
3x TMC2130 Drivers. Direction is given through SPI. No endstops assigned, I use StallGuard feature as endstops in my system
SPI line broken out
3 24V outputs for ink, air, solenoid pump controlled by Mosfets (With flyback Diodes, resistors and capacitors integrated)
3 digital Inputs (that you can use for whatever). Currently marked by E.Stop (Emergency Stop), Ink Sensor and D.Limit (Door safety function). (These can be used for end stops if you don't want to use StallGuard.
1- 5V Output
4-24V outputs for Fans, Lights, Etc...
1- MicroUSB output (5V-5A max recommended --> Need to change to Fuse if you want to use higher than 3A)
Do you have a video of this board in action? Or do you want someone to pay for cat in a bag?

Please make a video and we’ll talk.
BlueTurtle

Post by BlueTurtle »

ganter wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:16 pm I am interested in your board. Do you have any of them left? What would shipping cost to USA?
Yes I still have them. Well I make them on order so I will always have them :). Very little because I live in USA as well. Though the price includes shipping so no one has to worry about the shipping costs
BlueTurtle

Post by BlueTurtle »

evomotors wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:18 pm
I've made a board with LED driver, 3 stepper Drivers (TMC2130), on board voltage regulator 28-36V for the Xaar as well as other drive circuitry required for the Xaar Printhead that uses Teensy 4.0 as the brains. There are SPI lines broken out for for further expansion as well as 4 digital outputs and 1 digital inputs (5V tolerant). The printer also has 5V USB output to power a RPi. The board has 2 blade fuses that can be changed with what ever you are comfortable with. Currently they are 10A for overall 24V in input and 3A for 5V RPi output. If you are interested in purchasing one lmk. The price is 500$ shipped.

Teensy 4.0 Controller
Interchangable AutoBlade fuse for 24V IN and 5V MicroUSB Out (Max 5A Recommended)
Up to 10V - (700ma currently, up to 2A (adjustable with resistor)) LED driver for UV Ink projects
3x TMC2130 Drivers. Direction is given through SPI. No endstops assigned, I use StallGuard feature as endstops in my system
SPI line broken out
3 24V outputs for ink, air, solenoid pump controlled by Mosfets (With flyback Diodes, resistors and capacitors integrated)
3 digital Inputs (that you can use for whatever). Currently marked by E.Stop (Emergency Stop), Ink Sensor and D.Limit (Door safety function). (These can be used for end stops if you don't want to use StallGuard.
1- 5V Output
1- MicroUSB output (5V-5A max recommended --> Need to change to Fuse if you want to use higher than 3A)
Do you have a video of this board in action? Or do you want someone to pay for cat in a bag?

On it.
evomotors

Post by evomotors »

BlueTurtle wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:11 pm
evomotors wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:18 pm

Teensy 4.0 Controller
SPI line broken out
1- 5V Output

On it.
Any progress on the video?
rofl

Post by rofl »

Hi, I work with the development of 3D printing materials for SLA, i.e. UV curing materials (not inkjet in particular, but chemistry is more or less the same). So if there are some people willing to try and discuss something, I might make some reasoned samples from materials on hand in my lab to test formulas. Sourcing materials is complex thing in chemical industry, but if we can work something out, perhaps I would be able to arrange something for this community...
Romina

Post by Romina »

Teensy 4.0 Controller
SPI line broken out
1- 5V Output
I am also interested in your board. Could you share a video of your board in action?