CN642A again

Powder and inkjet printing
david

CN642A again

Post by david »

Hi,

Sorry to start a duplicated thread as in the old forum. Since CN642A is a far superior printhead than HP45 I think the work of "Hacking the CN642A inkjet printhead" should continue.

Thanks to many forum members to get the preliminary pinout of this printhead. However, I feel what reprat0r stated "Appart from the low speed signals < 1Mhz there are 4 LVDS channels (1 clock and 3 data) we added a LVDS receiver to the breakout to be able to grab these signals. It seems there is no encription and it looks like a straight forward shift register (at least for the black) the other 2 LVDS channels control the other 3 colors. Allot more looking at bits is needed" was probably wrong.

LVDS does not usually goes as pin-to-pin or channel-to-channel mapping. There is normally a need for a conversion between serial and parallel. Please have a look at http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/ds90cr215.pdf. Would it look more like the interface? Since I don't have the printhead device in hand I can't confirm it myself.

Anyway, this is a great forum. I'd like to get this printhead working for future projects.

Regards
David
dragonator
Site Admin

Re: CN642A again

Post by dragonator »

That is all right, the old forum is still accessible because it is not copied to here.

The biggest issue for me is that I knew more about the HP45 then the CN642A. If I could get the 642 to work properly I would chose it in a heartbeat over the 45. It is 5 color and more accurate and durable (and has CISS). The problem is that I myself cannot work on it. I do not own a printer with the CN642, nor the tools to hack the data. I did also not own the HP45, but on that I had a lot more information. I do still have the 642 breakout board, but I lack too much information to use it properly.

As long as I do not have the tools and the printer to hack the 642, I am sadly stuck on the worse than the 642 but still way better than the 6602 HP45.

On the HP45, I still need to do more on that, but I hope to find the time again in the near future.