Printing Ceramic Parts

For any Plan B specific topics
hsnbas

Printing Ceramic Parts

Post by hsnbas »

Hi,

I am trying to print ceramic parts. I am using tethon3D binder. But clogged nozzle is very big problem. Is tethon3D binder not good for HP C6602? Or is there another problem? What can I do for clogged nozzle?
dragonator
Site Admin

Re: Printing Ceramic Parts

Post by dragonator »

Hello,

Starting with what it is you do exactly. I presume you have bought Tethon binder jetting powders and are using Tethonite Binder (https://tethon3d.com/product/binder/). You are not using any of the resins Tethon sells, which are for SLA/DLP printing.

The C6602 should in principle be able to print the binder. The HP45 can print it, and it has smaller nozzles than the C6602. Have you tried with more than one printhead? How did you clean the head before you filled the C6602? Is it possible you damages something here?

Clogged nozzles are best cleaned using Isopropylalcohol or some other high percentage alcohol. If you thoroughly apply this with a paper towel the ink or binder clogging the nozzles should dissolve.
hsnbas

Post by hsnbas »

Yes I use tethonite binder, not using any resin like photopolimer. I use isopropyl alcohol but i can't cleen the nozzle. I broke a lot of nozzle :).
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

It has been a while since I worked with the C6602. I know that the nozzles are in a metal plate which is fragile. If you are going to give it another try I would first print with the printhead to make sure it works before making another attempt. Also you can try and fill the printhead with something like 30-40% alcohol, the rest distilled water. This should be a fairly save mix to print, and should work.

Other than that, I do not have much more to offer. I have only tried Tethonite binder in the HP45, but the HP45 is more robust and easier to refill. It has been years since I refilled an HP45.
hsnbas

Post by hsnbas »

Thank you for everything
diyojan

Post by diyojan »

hsnbas wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:54 pm Thank you for everything
Hi, hsnbas. Did you manage to make the boost demultiplexer work properly? If so, can you share your email address with me, I have a few questions I'd like to ask. Could you please help me?