Zprint 7.10 or 310+ heater activation

Powder and inkjet printing
Powderer

Zprint 7.10 or 310+ heater activation

Post by Powderer »

Hi everyone!
Thanks so much Yvo for your efforts and sharing everything! This is an awesome community that I've been a dedicated admirer(lurker) on for a while... and just thank you!

I'm wondering if anyone here can help me out a little with the heater settings on my 310+...
I've recently derived a powder from ZP15E and the heater doesn't run at all during or after printing.. it stops once the machine begins to print, but I remember when I used a derivative from ZP150 the heater worked the whole time.. including preheat and after printing.

Does anyone know a way to manually activate the heater other than hardwiring it myself? Or how to derive a ZP15E powder with heater usage?

I'm using Zprint 7.10.3 - 7

Any help is greatly appreciated and Thank You again!
Powderer

Re: Zprint 7.10 or 310+ heater activation

Post by Powderer »

Thanks for approving my post!

kind of replying to myself here but also I'd like to avoid turning the printer off then back on again, which does then engage the preheat action.. although that is one thing I could do.

Any feedback is appreciated!
frankie

Post by frankie »

Go in and maunaly make up the powder , if need be. BTW what are you doing for print heads?
frankie

Post by frankie »

There i believe is a preheat function in the software.
Powderer

Post by Powderer »

Hi Frankie, thanks for your reply!

For print heads I've been having luck with an expired one for a while but I have a couple backups. I also have a partner in USA who can get them unexpired for not that bad a price.

I'm getting notified recently through sprint that my printhead "may be getting old" so I'm guessing the one in there doesn't have much longer. Have you seen this message and how long after seeing it do you have typically? HP10 are what I use but I'm very interested in your guys work through this thread to mod them.
frankie

Post by frankie »

hi

as far as a warning that comes up the printhead is about worn out and that timing is set in the software. But it is pretty close to what a brand-new printhead is it usually does not last much longer than that. On an older printhead that's set around and expired, I've been having a lot of trouble getting even half the use out of it. I have found out that the first generation printheads seem to work much better than any of the others. I've try cleaning them out I've tried re-priming , I've taken apart and even change the way the flow goes in to see if I can make them work better with very little luck.I do make my own powder so that cuts the expense way down and have had really good luck with it. One thing I do do though what I pull something out I put it in the oven at 200° for about an hour and this makes a big difference. After painting with epoxy they are quite strong .

what generation of printheads are you using?

Frank
ezrec

Post by ezrec »

I feel remiss that I haven’t checked this forum for ages!

Anyhow, glad to see someone else has a z310+!

Heater control can be done manually in the “experiment” menu on the Z310+ - hook up a keyboard and VGA monitor, and press “?” for the help menu once it boots.

As for the HP10 heads, I’ve had good results by preflushing then with HP10 yellow _dye_ ink (Chinese supplier bulk bottle) to remove the black pigment and prevent it from flocking into clumps once the sake hits it.

More details on my Z310 experiements at:

http://www.evillabs.net/index.php/ZCorp_Z310%2B