Hacking the HP45

Powder and inkjet printing
evomotors

Re: Hacking the HP45

Post by evomotors »

@dragonator -Did you made/3d print a template to hold pogo pins while soldering? How did you hold them straight? I already have recommended by you pins delivered and it seems like it won't be easy to have them alighted without template. I didn't tried to solder them yet as I don't have the rest of the components delivered.

Also did you try to use snap-in type of design of the HP45 carrier? I mean like the factory design if you know what I mean...
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

I used M3 screws and 3 5mm spacers to mount the 2 halves on top of each other. I did make a spacer around 7.5mm thick to put between the boards and the table, but that is only for the distance the pins should be, not the alignment. For that I only used the 2 boards. I would love to 3D print a mold, but the holes and spacing are too tight.

I am working on the HP45 controller page. On that I hope to include soldering instructions.

I have not yet attempted a snap in carrier like the factory. It is actually quite difficult and I have not yet made a design I like for it. The old one was good enough for now. I will look around for some inspiration when I have more time to design a better carrier.
evomotors

Post by evomotors »

Okay, I'll try to print a template with holes for pogo pins. I don't know if it's going to work but I did print finer details before. I will also try to print snap-in carrier. How detailed is your 3D model for HP45?
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

Contacts on the model are with a few tenths of a millimeter on the head I measured it on. For now it was accurate enough for me to make a carrier with. The tiny pieces of plastic on the top back are accurate within half a millimeter.
evomotors

Post by evomotors »

Printing the template is harder than expected. I have to find my .2 nozzle and try it again.
boooster

Post by boooster »

Hello,

here is a pic from the HP45 die and Kapton lasered Inkholes. There is another type of HP45 so called HP45(si)
HP45 die
HP45 die
HP45_die.jpg (72.52 KiB) Viewed 16182 times
HP45 inkpinholes
HP45 inkpinholes
inkpenholes.jpg (83.18 KiB) Viewed 16182 times
boooster

Post by boooster »

if you need a special INK, you have to take a look at ......
https://www.collinsinkjet.com/shop/?fil ... ad=43&t=HP
boooster

Post by boooster »

Here you can see the comparison between the HP 45 on the left and the HP45si on the right. The SI is solvent based inks!
Attachments
Comp HP45 to HP45si.jpg
Comp HP45 to HP45si.jpg (92.02 KiB) Viewed 16156 times
evomotors

Post by evomotors »

What is your point?
boooster

Post by boooster »

1. On the page (http://ytec3d.com/hp45-inkjet-printhead/) a schematic overview of the nozzle alignment can be seen. This is not correct, however, because on a genuine HP45 cartridge the nozzle orientation is (3,3,3,3,3,3,4)

2. I had thought to have read that you know only water-based black cartridges. With solvent-based cartridges, you could also use a different powder for the printer to glue ABS, for example.

3. I didn't know if anyone of you have ever seen the HP45si

Greetings, boooster