Hacking the HP45

Powder and inkjet printing
evomotors

Re: Hacking the HP45

Post by evomotors »

@dragonator -I'm not a C programmer so I'm converting the code and found this line in the Printhead_commands.ino:

Code: Select all

printhead_print_array_repeat[printhead_array_write];
I assume I can delete it as it does not do anything? Am I correct?
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

@Evo It does not do anything yet. I want to use that to optimize simple shapes. Why stuff a segment of a straight line into the buffer 100 times when you can just say 'that piece of the buffer, 100 times'. It is not crucial right now.

@Boooster. Thank you for the amazing images of the printhead. I really enjoy seeing it up close.

I see that the array is not just 3 from your images. I cannot confirm this right now but I will take your word for it. It is not crucial to know to operate the head and the schematic overview is to give a feeling of how the head is laid out, not a schematic. If I do ever revise it I will add your information.

I have never seen the HP45si. Now that I have seen it I also know why I haven't seen it before. It is nowhere to be found on the internet. It is an interesting head though, if anyone knows where to find it in the real world I would much like to know.
evomotors

Post by evomotors »

By the way, I got email about that refillable transparent body HP45 from the distributor and he is saying that It can used with solvent ink, pigment ink or dye ink. I don't know if it is true statement or not.
evomotors

Post by evomotors »

Installed 0.2 nozzle and now I can easily print template for pogo pins. Only issue that I don't know exact positions of the pins so it may take some time as I will have to print multiple times and readjust.
Attachments
FullSizeRender3.jpg
FullSizeRender3.jpg (157.49 KiB) Viewed 15385 times
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

That looks better than I thought was possible. As soon as I have a 0.25mm nozzle again I will try myself too. If you have until the weekend I can design a template that should fit at home. I already have the hole pattern in Solidworks.
evomotors

Post by evomotors »

@dragonator - sure I'll wait for your template design. I don't have all the components yet anyway. thanks!

I'm sure it can be printed more accurately. I don't have auto alignment enabled and didn't re-align printer after nozzle replacements. I didn't event adjust the z-height (I simply forgot).
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

I did not have the file I hope I had, but I have tried to make it as good as I can right now. It is 7.2mm thick. I would appreciate it if someone could test it for me. I currently have neither the nozzle nor the printing capacity to test it.
HP45 V1.01 template.JPG
HP45 V1.01 template.JPG (41.65 KiB) Viewed 15353 times
HP45 controller V1.01 template.STL.zip
(69.71 KiB) Downloaded 676 times
evomotors

Post by evomotors »

I Have to go out with my family tonight I'll print it after that. I'll test it tomorrow or later today.
What is the diameter of the holes? I had to make a lot larger than 0.8 for it to print normally.
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

It is currently 0.8mm, but if you have a certain diameter you need to make it printable I can convert it in a minute.
evomotors

Post by evomotors »

The holes have to be +0.2 to diameter in order for pins to fit in the holes.