Problems with SD card

For any Plan B specific topics
Yern

Problems with SD card

Post by Yern »

Hello guys,

I currently have problems reading the SD card. Although the print.txt file is recognized, no content is detected. As soon as I want to estimate the layers, he always shows me the same number of layers. It does not matter if my print.txt has PlanB-code or not.

Unfortunately, I don't know what to do anymore. I was sure that it must be due to the format of the SD card. However, I have already used normal SD card and SDHC card. No difference...
I also used several different codes, from the test file to the normal G-code, no difference.

The only thing I could still imagine as a mistake is the boost demultiplexer. Have used the DIY version, maybe there something went wrong. However, the error doesn't explain that to me.

Maybe someone knows more about this error or already had the same problem.

Thank you for your help!
dragonator
Site Admin

Re: Problems with SD card

Post by dragonator »

How many layers does it show when you load the file.

Boost demultiplex should not influence the SD reading part. The two are completely separate. You are reading data, else it would not have found print.txt.

I have heard of these issues before but lack of a working Plan B here makes it difficult for me to debug the problem. Best guess is that the SD card library was altered in the past few years to a point that the way I handled the reading of the code no longer works.

Plan B was from late 2014. Digging in the arduino SD library, I Guess that the 1.0.5 or some other version of 1.0.# should be a good start to try. I cannot guarantee that it will work, but I think it is a good starting point.
Yern

Post by Yern »

That was useful! Thank you! The mechanical and electric components are working now, but I've got some trouble with the cartridge, no spray out. Is there some failure with the cartridge you know? The circuit should be okay, I checked that.

Thank you for your time and best regards,

Tobias
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

What do you do before you start printing?

The printhead does need to be cleaned with water before you start printing. If you have not been printing for a while, the printhead needs to be cleaned with an alcohol to get rid of clogs. If that does not fix the problem I would like to see an image of you current setup to see if I can find obvious issues.
Yern

Post by Yern »

Hey, thanks for your reply.

It was a obvious error. I fixed it and now it works. Thanks for your support! :)
Yern

Post by Yern »

Hey,

back again :D

There is a function, but it doesn´t work perfectly. There still is a problem with the nozzles. It seems like not all the nozzles spray. Perhaps you´ve got the same error?

Best regards,

Tobias
Yern

Post by Yern »

Yern wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:16 am Hey,

back again :D

There is a function, but it doesn´t work perfectly. There still is a problem with the nozzles. It seems like not all the nozzles spray. Perhaps you´ve got the same error?

Best regards,

Tobias
I´ve tested it today. Only Nozzle 6 is working. I think i will check the connection to the carrier. I hope there is something wrong. :D

Best regards
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

If you clean the head again and it is a different nozzle it might still be clogged. The printheads can be a bit tricky if they are older. You can also try a different printhead to verify.

If it really is only nozzle 6 and nozzle 6 every time, it might be a connection that is off. What connection or where is difficult to say. I'd first have to look at the schematic to see what combination of pins 6 should be. It is is a single pin of the multiplexer input, it is possible that there is an issue between the megatronics board and the printhead driver.
Yern

Post by Yern »

Yeah, thought of it. I will test it in the next days.

Thank you and best regards!
crisiM

Post by crisiM »

Hello,

i flashed the "Alfa_V0_05_Megatronics_V3" on a Megatronics V3.2 board. The display works fine, i can also move the axis manually. When i try to estimate/print the given example code, the machine does just 2 homing cycles. When i try estimate, the screen only shows : "Estimating time; layers:1".
I tried all SD libaries, as mentioned above.
The "read_sd_card()" function reads the correct chars. But anything does not work correctly.
Maybe someone runs into the same issue.
Thank you for your help!