GlaDOS lamp

Show off your cool build in the "I made a:" section
dragonator
Site Admin

Re: GlaDOS lamp

Post by dragonator »

If I am not mistaken you mean the countersunk screw that sits in the mounting plate on top of the gear (attached, circled red).

This screw is not designed to screw into the servo, It only provides support and prevents the gears from spreading apart. You mount the small M2-M3 screw of the servo wheel through the bearing, and then you mount the plate on top of this. The 16mm screw is only attached to the plate, and fits through the bearing bore to provide additional support.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

-Yvo
Attachments
Galdos screw.PNG
Galdos screw.PNG (85.7 KiB) Viewed 30132 times
lordpreto

Post by lordpreto »

Can this be printed with PLA?
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

I don't see why not. PET would be better, but I printed it mostly in PLA
rudaadolpho

Post by rudaadolpho »

A few years ago I saw this project and I didn't have a printer. I finally managed to buy one and I am looking to start it.
As soon as I print the pieces I will share here with you.

For those who have already done it, what was the infill used to print the parts?
Does it really takes between 100h / 200h ?
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

Cool to hear you giving the Glados a try.

I did say the 100-200h time. Nowadays it might be less, it was 6 years ago. I think I printed at something like 3 perimeters, 20% infill and 0.2mm layer heights. This is what I would do these days at least. Some parts do have challenging supports. Something to be aware of.

Best of luck printing and please do share your progress.
managarm

Post by managarm »

Thanks for this great project! :) Is there any chance that you would release the actual CAD files? I'd like to try making a version that uses linear actuators to move the head around (like in the game).
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

https://ytec3d.com/downloads/

Cad files are here. Best of luck and please share your progress when you have it.
managarm

Post by managarm »

Ha! He who can read has great power indeed! :?
Thanks a lot....
awson95

Post by awson95 »

Thank you for putting in the crazy amount of work to make this project possible.
I am currently printing my own, and I have one question. what is the difference between the different top cover ring files and how many of each should I print?

Thanks
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

It has been a great while since I even touched the files, so my memories are a bit fuzzy.

If I remember right, there are 3 different files. 1 file with only an aperture shaped hole, 1 with an aperture shape hole with fan mounting holes, and one without any gaps. All have a hole for an LED. In this case you need 2 of each with a hole, and 4 without. You can also make it without lights, so then you will need only 8 without holes.

I hope this helps.