Hacking the HP45

Powder and inkjet printing
Miltea

Re: Hacking the HP45

Post by Miltea »

dragonator wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:12 pmSent via mail
I want to start with C8855 manuel, is it possible to share the C8855 manuel?
rp7@aclas.com,thanks
Berndi

Post by Berndi »

Dear dragonator,

I want to start with C8855 board, too.
Is it possible to share the C8855 manual to me also.

Many thanks in advance.
Berndi
BerserkerBilly

Post by BerserkerBilly »

Dragonator, We have a coded cartridge that will only read in certain printers, and those printers require this particular coded cartridge, and will not read non-coded carts. Apparently certain pins have been "burned out" to accomplish this coding. How would you go about finding which pins have been "burned out"?

Would it be the Address pins that are burned out to code it, or possibly the grounds?
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

I have heard hints of stuff like this happening before, but I have never seen it personally. My quess would be to measure resistance in the "wrong" direction, ie positive lead on ground, and negative leads on addresses and primitives. I have noticed that resistance is based on polarity.

Hope this helps.
UKrieger

Post by UKrieger »

Hi,

can somebody help with finding a Connection diagram and Software or command reference for using the C8855M Print head driver board? I got one board and empty cartridges which I plan to use for printing droplets for a microscopic aerosol study.

Any help is much appreciated,

Uli
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

The best I can do is a manual for the C8855 driver, which I can send by mail. It has no software, and I don't think a wiring diagram of the C8855 itself, but it does explain how to roughly use the C8855.
xonaru

Post by xonaru »

dragonator wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:18 pm The best I can do is a manual for the C8855 driver, which I can send by mail. It has no software, and I don't think a wiring diagram of the C8855 itself, but it does explain how to roughly use the C8855.
Hi dragonator,
Now trying to deal with board on which 1825-0057 STM chip is placed , and I think manual for the C8855 driver will help me a lot.
Please, send it to my mail.
Thanks.
xonaru@ya.ru
Last edited by xonaru on Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UKrieger

Post by UKrieger »

Thanks dragonator for sending the C8855 manual!

I intend trying out controlling the C8855 driver board using a Raspberry Pi. But before I start: Has anybody tried out this before and is willing to share her/his experiences?

Uli

dragonator wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:18 pm The best I can do is a manual for the C8855 driver, which I can send by mail. It has no software, and I don't think a wiring diagram of the C8855 itself, but it does explain how to roughly use the C8855.
Catniped

Post by Catniped »

hey, is there a version of the driver boards which do not need a teensy 3.5? those seem to be sold out pretty much everywhere and not produecd anymore. i have a board with an atmega2560 with a similiar size to that of a teensy laying around which id maybe like to use, but im not sure if there is some specific reason for which the teensy was chosen or if someone redesigned the boards for a different mcu already, which would save me a lot of time. thanks!
dragonator
Site Admin

Post by dragonator »

Hello,

Sadly, there is not. It is a part of the reason why I stopped with the HP45 project. The controller in it's current form uses the DMA of the Teensy 3.5 and is pretty much hardcoded. The Teensy 4.1 has a completely different way of DMA, so this was too complicated for me to alter. It should be possible in theory, but not by me.

The old way of controlling, the way the original V3 controller on Oasis did things can be made to work with any sufficiently fast microcontroller (32 bits and more than 96MHz are nice to have here), but this is still a lot slower than using DMA. The timing of inkjet is just very sensitive and cannot have any interrupt of any time.

I am not planning on making a new controller based on an available microcontroller any time soon. I am more than willing however to answer more specific questions if you have them. Getting the old V3 code to work on other microcontrollers should be doable.