Reply To: Step 1, Hacking the CN642A inkjet printhead

Home Forums 3DP printing Step 1, Hacking the CN642A inkjet printhead Reply To: Step 1, Hacking the CN642A inkjet printhead

dragonator
Keymaster

Disaster struck today. As I was preforming minor maintenance on my UP! plus, I hit a connector on the printer and the whole system shut down. I suspect a CPU ESD strike, but at this point nothing is certain. I am now no longer capable of 3D printing. I will see if and what I can do to fix the printer, best case it will start working after a day of nothing, worst case is I have to hack the printer with a new controller, since the people of PP3DP think it is acceptable to charge $1100 for a CPU, basically the price of a new printer. I personally like every aspect of the UP! but this one (and maybe the fact that they suck at printing PLA). More info might follow, it might also not.

I tell this because I was going to print this today, the clamp that holds the cartridges in the printhead. It should fit, but it is hard to measure. I was going to test it first, but with my only working printer not working anymore, I fear it might take weeks before I can 3D print anything again.

It can be downloaded here: http://ytec3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/CN642A-carrier-V2.zip