Reply To: Step 1, Hacking the CN642A inkjet printhead

Home Forums 3DP printing Step 1, Hacking the CN642A inkjet printhead Reply To: Step 1, Hacking the CN642A inkjet printhead

dragonator
Keymaster

I know we have not yet hacked this printhead yet, but can I already personally thank everyone that is helping with hacking the CN642A (and related technology). The information and photo’s here are already incredibly useful (Like Wonko’s photo, that perfectly tells me which contacts are power, signal and which contacts are shared). I know I haven’t been of much help the past few weeks, part because I have no 3D printer right now, but also a good part of me not having bought a Photosmart to hack yet (which now seems like it really is necessary). I think it is amazing that you just bought a Photosmart to hack for this project.

I promise that when the printhead is hacked, I will make sure all time spent now hacking this printhead will be more than worth it. I hope to have my 3D printer working after the coming weekend, then I can start 3D printing again and testing the carrier design with cartridges. If by then there isn’t much additional progress, I might buy a photosmart myself and start helping with hacking.