Plan B is a work in progress. Expect files to change or disappear. If there are files you want to keep, I suggest downloading them.
On these pages is all information available to make a Plan B yourself. I have included assembly drawings, 3D printable files, dxf files of the sheetmetal and the latest version of the firmware and software. Download links to specific parts of Plan B can be found on their respective instruction pages. A condensed version of the instructions are on instructables: http://www.instructables.com/id/Plan-B-an-open-source-3DP-powder-and-inkjet-3D-pri/
Plan B was designed to be assembled using only basic tools (screwdrivers, Allen keys, wrenches, a saw, soldering iron i.e.). However to manufacture the parts some more advanced tools are needed. Most of the frame pieces are 3D printed and all of the sheet material has to be cut on either a laser cutter or a water cutter. Also some addition circuitry is needed for the inkjet to function, so etching, milling or buying a circuit board is also necessary.
I plan to open a webshop to sell these hard to come by parts since I already have a reliable source of these parts, but until then you will have to look for a local source. If you are interested you can always contact me and ask. If I get enough requests I will most definitely open a webshop to sell the hard to come by parts.
The instructions for Plan B have been divided into several parts.
- Gathering materials: All parts needed plus cost and suggested suppliers for all the parts (includes 3D printed parts);
- Assembling Plan B: Technical drawings and videos on how to assembly Plan B;
- Electronics for Plan B: A full wiring diagram to connect the right inputs and outputs to the controller;
- Installing the firmware: installing, configuring and using the firmware for Plan B;
- Modifying the cartridges: How to modify cartridges for 3DP printing;
- Using Plan B: A manual on how to use Plan B;
- Software for Plan B: How to make a 3D print file for Plan B;
- Explaining Plan B code: How the code used to print with Plan B works;
- materials for 3DP printing: all the possible materials to 3DP 3D print in.
- Printing with Plan B: Preparing and making a print on plan B.
- Future improvements: Thing to improve about Plan B or implement in a new version.
Additional tools for Plan B:
- Depowdering station: a tool to clean 3DP printed parts without making a mess.